ClearContext, Microsoft, Nordic River, Xerox, and Xobni win Basex Excellence Awards for Information Overload Innovations
Five companies who have developed products or services that address the problem of Information Overload – ClearContext, Microsoft, Nordic River, Xerox and Xobni — have won Basex Excellence Awards.
The “Baseys” were presented today at the Information Overload Awareness Day Inaugural Event, being held on the Web. This year’s awards recognized companies with industry-leading products or services that focus on the problem of Information Overload.
“These companies and offerings exemplify the types of products breaking new ground in the fight against Information Overload,” said Jonathan B. Spira, Basex’ CEO and Chief Analyst, at the awards ceremony. Executives from each company participated in the conference’s Visionary Vendor panel prior to receiving the awards.
The Basey winners were honored for a broad range of innovation:
- ClearContext: For tools that control the inbox, aggregate project information, and reduce Information Overload;
- Microsoft: For Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and Outlook 2010 and for inbox features that help reduce Information Overload;
- Nordic River: For TextFlow and its ability reduce Information Overload through a collaborative authoring environment;
- Xerox: For multiple contributions in search and categorization as well as a continued emphasis on Information Overload; and
- Xobni: For tools that improve inbox management and reduce information and relationship overload.
In addition, a special Basey was presented to Nathan Zeldes, president of the Information Overload Research Group and Intel’s former Information Overload czar, to honor the significant fundamental contributions he has made to research in Information Overload.